Living/dining room: With TV, DVD player, CD player and sofa bed.
Kitchen: With microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and flagstone floor.
Bedroom 1: With four-poster double bed.
Shower room 1: With shower cubicle and toilet.
Bedroom 2: With French double bed.
Bedroom 3: With zip and link twin beds (can be kingsize on request).
Bedroom 4: With twin beds.
Shower room 2: With shower cubicle and toilet.
Nestling in 14 acres of grounds on an upland called Priest’s Hill with excellent walking available from the doorstep, the properties have the use of an extensive range of leisure facilities including an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, solarium and treatment rooms. Noble names have woven the threads of the hall’s long history including Henry de Ferrers, the Cokaynes and the Harthills. Henry VIII is also believed to have stayed at the hall.
It was here in 1259 that Sir Richard de Hartle was issued a Papal Bull by Pope Alexander II, allowing him to appoint his own chaplain. The chapel ceased its functions as a place of worship in 1546 and now takes the form of The Chapel and Hartle Cottage. The eight cottages are furnished with antiques and surround a medieval cobbled courtyard. They all retain a wealth of original features including thick stone walls, large oak beams, mullion windows and flagstone floors. Derbyshire’s bustling market towns, villages, hills, dales and rivers offer majestic scenery, and a rich variety of customs. Boasting a varied and beautiful landscape, they offer a blend of heritage, history and family attractions.
The beautiful market town of Bakewell (3½ miles) is situated on the River Wye, crossed by a 13th-century five-arched bridge which has coffee shops and restaurants. Within easy reach are Matlock, Hall Leys Park, Chesterfield, Alfreton and Buxton. National Trust properties and gardens nearby include Riley Graves, Longshaw, Mam Tor, South Peak, Dovedale, Hardwick Hall and Kedleston Hall. Close by are both Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall. Golf and horse riding are available within 5 miles. Shop 3½ miles, pub 1 mile.