Avilion has magnificent sea views and is situated in an elevated position overlooking two sandy coves in the village of Trearddur Bay. Built in 1912 and based on a French château, it is Grade II listed and known locally as ‘Pepperpots’ due to the two turrets at the front of the property.
Standing detached, set in 2 acres of terraced gardens and large lawns, it also has a separate boat house in the garden where there is a games room with table tennis and darts, as well as a sauna and shower room. There are two sandy coves 10 yards from the property, with protected beaches, and it is a short walk from a large Blue Flag beach. Sailing, diving, water sports, windsurfing, golf (9 and 18-hole courses locally), horse riding and walking are all very popular activities in the area of Trearddur Bay. For the less active, the panoramic sea views from the conservatory, overlooking the beaches, are stunning. The boats that take part in the summer regatta are a delight to watch as they sail past the beaches. There is a coastal path that winds right around the island of Anglesey and shows off this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Further places of interest to visit include the National Trust property of Plas Newydd, Mount Snowdon, only about 35 miles from Trearddur Bay, and Beaumaris with its castle and restaurants. Shops ¾ mile, pub serving food ¼ mile.
Spacious beamed living room with open fire and sea views. Large dining room. Large well-equipped kitchen. Utility. Pantry. Conservatory with panoramic sea views. Cloakroom and toilet. Boat house with sauna, shower room and toilet. First floor: Two double bedrooms, each with turret, one with en-suite shower room in turret. Further double bedroom with wash basin. Twin bedroom. Single bedroom with wash basin. All bedrooms with superb sea views. Large bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. Second floor: Double bedroom with wash basin. Single bedroom (bed is elevated, bunk-style) and wash basin. All rooms with fitted wardrobes.
- Open fire - fuel for 2 days included
- Electricity and full gas central heating included (October - February, £150 per week, except Christmas and New Year)
- Bed linen and towels included
- Video/DVD (small library)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- American fridge/freezer
- Telephone - incoming calls only
- 2 acres of enclosed terraced gardens and large lawned area
- Verandah with picnic tables seating 12 and panoramic sea views
- Parking (for 6 cars); additional parking by boat house
- Cycle store
- Games room in boat house with table tennis, darts, sauna, shower and toilet
- NB: Two sets of 9-10 steps, some sloping banks in lawned area