"Winner of the Yorkshire Tourist Board’s Self-Catering Holiday of the Year Award four times so quality is assured... indoor pool and sauna . . . delightful location on edge of National Park. . ."
Beech Farm Cottages offer award winning standards of quality and facilities in a quiet village setting at the gateway to the North Yorkshire Moors. The pretty cluster of eight cottages, four of which are featured here, not only have ‘4 Star’ or ‘5 Star’ accommodation, but also have additional features such as an indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, gardens, sun terrace, paddock, children’s play area, two llamas, ponies, chickens and ducks. Beech Farm Cottages have won the Yorkshire Holiday Cottage of the Year four times and they also have a ‘Green Tourism’ award.
The cottages are set around a pretty courtyard and gardens backing onto open fields. Converted from Grade II listed stone buildings, they retain much of the original charm and character, with beams throughout. The interiors are superbly finished, furnished and equipped and the three larger cottages are rated ‘5 Star’ by the VisitEngland. The indoor heated swimming pool for the exclusive use of visitors to Beech Farm, has a sauna and spa. All the holiday cottages enjoy the shared use of a walled garden, sun terrace, paddock, children’s play area, barbecue area and two llamas, ponies, chickens and ducks in the field.
The small village of Wrelton - listed in the Domesday book - is on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, which has over 500 sq miles of moorland and forests, and there are country and woodland walks which start in the village. It has a cosy pub within easy walking distance. The North Yorkshire Moors National Park starts only a couple of miles up the road and the heritage coast is within easy reach. Walking, golf, riding, fishing and numerous village pubs and restaurants are all available within a few miles. The North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway runs from the picturesque market town of Pickering just three miles away. Pickering also has a castle and museum as well as pubs, shops and a range of restaurants. The delights of the seaside are only just over half an hour’s drive away where unspoilt sandy beaches (Runswick Bay, Filey), historic fishing ports (Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay) and resort attractions (Scarborough) can be found. The walled city of York with its minster, museums and historic centre is within 40 minutes’ drive. Other local attractions include Castle Howard, Flamingo Land theme park and zoo, and Rievaulx Abbey. Shops 2 miles.
Facing the lawned terrace and swimming pool, this pretty, detached, single-storey, ‘4 Star’ stone cottage offers very comfortable and well-equipped accommodation for two. Pretty living room with dining area and galley-style fitted kitchen. Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Modern bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet.
- Freeview TV
- Ground floor facilities
- Paddock and meadowland field of 2½ acres
- Children’s play area
- Shared indoor heated swimming pool (open all year round – early morning to late evening) with changing room, shower and toilet
- Sauna (coin-operated – open at pool times)
- Adult and children’s bicycles available foc
- Gas ‘coal-effect’ fires included
- Electricity, full gas central heating, bed linen and towels included
- Cot and high chairs by arrangement
- Shared laundry room with washing machine, two tumble dryers (coin-operated), ironing facilities
- Fax and e-mail service available
- No smoking
OUTSTANDING INDOOR AND OUTDOOR FACILITIES:
- Indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool spa
- Sauna (coin-operated), changing and shower facilities
- Well-equipped children’s play and climbing area
- Walled garden with koi carp pond
- Paddock and 2½-acre field
- Barbecue areas
- Llamas, ponies, chickens and ducks
- 29 Freeview digital TV channels and 20 digital radio stations