Confirmed guest, 2015-09-12
The cottage was clean and easy to find from directions given. The location, with another cottage behind and a family house alongside, meant the large front window was looked into by the other residents on the site, each time they approached the parking area at the front. The seating in the lounge was worn and the rubber-wood chair had sticky dirt embedded into the hand rest positions. The light to the back of the kitchen was located on the back wall, under the wall-mounted kitchen units, with a non-working switch alongside. The television seemed tiny, at around 20" and clues to Pointless, for instance, were hard to see. The dishwasher and washing machine need to be fixed in their switched positions, as it was not possible to open the dishwasher door, due to it hitting the body of the washing machine. A note on the dining area table told us that the shower leaked into the bedroom cupboard and was to be fixed by a plumber sometime, but did not happen during our stay, so we did not use it. We used the shower at one end of the bath, with a wooden post at mid-bath length, along one side. The shower-screen leaked down the side of the bath. The bed was quite firm and a little hard for my wife. All the windows were locked shut in the bedroom and corridor, with no key. Only the window in the lounge opened. This would fail an inspection by a Fire Officer!! Electrics only one side of the bed and no easy location to use a hair-dryer. Even with the setting to the fridge turned down to (1) and the freezer compartment clicked shut, the noise of the motor in the same room area as the television, made the motor-drone very apparent.
Emerging from the parking area was a risky process and needed doing gently, so any approaching traffic from either direction could see our car, as we had no chance of seeing them.
However, the cottage was roomy and in a good location. As we had dry weather and some of this sunny, we went out and enjoyed the area.